Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Wikipedia Assignment

I started the second part of the assignment today with the expectation that I'll do it quickly (like in 30 minutes), get it out of the way, and just forget about it as I have several midterms and papers to worry about. I don't feel ashamed to admit this at all, this is brutal honesty here.

I ended up losing track of the time and put in way more effort than I intended to, because I enjoyed the process of learning about Wikipedia's foundation and the very practices that keep it the #6 website in the world (by traffic). I am totally serious, I thought it was way more interesting than the sea of theoretical knowledge I'm trying to absorb from my two majors. The idea of adding value to such a prestigious community also carried incredible appeal and powered me through a typically boring Tuesday afternoon.

I can't wait to work on the Wikipedia article itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment